- Remove contact point or Unilite plate from distributor
- Remove E-clip and washer from distributor ("A" in Fig. 1A).
- Remove advance plate assembly "B".
- Loosen screws marked "D" so advance control arms "C" can be moved.
- Insert degree key into advance slot to desired total advance (advance shown on degree key is in crankshaft degrees of advance as shown in Fig. 18). Push arms "C" tight against the advance key and lock screws "D". Set both advance control arms "C" the same.
- Reassemble advance plate assembly to shaft. The advance weights will have to be moved out so advance pins fit into advance plate slots properly. (NOTE: There is a small shim washer on shaft which may come off shaft when advance plate and cam are removed. Be sure this shim washer is installed on the shaft before re-installing advance plate and cam assembly.)
- Re-install washer and E-clip over advance plate.
- Re-install contact point plate or Unilite plate. POINTS MUST BE RESET. Refer to distributor instructions for proper setting. Rev-Pol and Double Life Distributor Points must be set on a distributor test machine for proper setting and syncronization.
- Re-install distributor.